How to Qualify for the 2017 AQHA Level 1 Championships
The American Quarter Horse Association has released the qualification guidelines for the 2017 AQHA Level 1 Championships. To earn an invitation to the 2017 Nutrena East, AQHA West or Farnam Central Level 1 Championships, exhibitors must qualify in one of four ways within the qualifying period of January 1 – December 31, 2016.
1. Show at 20 AQHA-approved shows.
- Shows will be counted by show numbers on a one-horse, one-rider basis in any class; for questions about how many show numbers a show will count for, competitors should ask the presiding show manager or secretary.
2. Place in the top 10 in any Merial AQHA Regional Championships class
- A top-10 placing qualifies the rider on that horse only.
- If your region does not host a Merial Regionals, you can participate in a region that is offering one. For information on participating in another region, visit www.aqha.com/regionalchampionships for the list of 2016 Merial Regionals. Call AQHA Customer Service at 806-376-4811 or log-in to AQHA’s member services area and order a performance record on the horse you placed with to verify your top-10 placing.
- Participation in a pointed show held in conjunction with a Merial Regionals will count for one of the 20 shows, but will not count for the “regional championships qualifying.”