Gist Silversmiths Teams up with APHA to Celebrate Rookie Youth Riders
Youth members of the Paint Horse community are the future of the breed, and APHA Corporate Partner Gist Silversmiths is proud to help encourage new, young exhibitors. Beginning in 2016, the year-end No. 1 Novice Youth Rookie in each zone will receive a custom Gist Silversmiths trophy buckle for their extraordinary first-year accomplishments.
Gist is especially excited to support the young exhibitors who fuel new growth in the arena, Vice President of Marketing & Business Development Jennifer Folsom says.
“It is especially important to recognize these up-and-coming exhibitors to encourage their accomplishments separate from the more experienced riders,” Jennifer said. “The skills learned both in and out of the arena help provide a foundation for success in many facets of life for these Youth and hopefully encouraging their passion for the Paint Horse will create a life-long Paint enthusiast. For a novice exhibitor, a special buckle represents a reward which they can wear proudly to commemorate their arena success.”
APHA recognizes the overall year-end No. 1 Novice Youth Rookie of the Year, who receives customized prizes and a profile in the Paint Horse Journal. Learn more about the Rookie of the Year program and what it takes to succeed in “Run for the Rookie,” available free in the PHJ’s April 2016 Inside Look.
To be eligible for the award:
1. The exhibitor cannot have won any equine association points (in Open, Youth or Novice Youth, excluding Walk-Trot and halter points) at any time prior to the year of the award.
2. The exhibitor is a first-time AjPHA Novice Youth card holder.
3. First-time Novice Youth card holders who have earned APHA Youth or Open points are not eligible for this award.
All eligible exhibitors must hold a current year Novice Youth card and must be a current member of the AjPHA or APHA according to Rule GR-020.I.
This award is based on total points accumulated on a one-horse/one Novice Youth basis per calendar year, and the horse’s ownership must meet the requirements of Rule YP-015.
- Only one rookie of the year per Zone will be awarded, and will only include the Novice Youth division. The Zone is based on where the exhibitor resides.
- Points earned in events listed in YP-215.A. are eligible for this award, regardless of where the points were earned.
- In order to be eligible for this award, a minimum of six points must be earned.
In the event of a tie, the award will be presented:
1. To the person winning points in the greatest number of different events.
2. To the person with the greatest number of wins.
Find all APHA rules here.