NCEA Announces November Riders of the Month
WACO, Texas – The National Collegiate Equestrian Association on Tuesday announced its November Riders of the Month, as determined by the NCEA selection committee and honoring standout performances from the third month of the collegiate equestrian season.
Equitation Over Fences Rider of the Month: Ashley Foster, Auburn
• Recorded a perfect 4-0 record in Equitation Over Fences during the month of November.
• Three of her wins and both MVP honors that she earned in November came on the road.
• Defeated opponents by an average of 10.75 points in the month of November.
• Helped her team earn two wins against top-10 opponents in November (Kansas State and Texas A&M).
Equitation On The Flat Rider of the Month: Samantha Schaefer, Baylor
• Went 2-0 in the month of November in Equitation On The Flat, earning MVP honors both times she competed.
• Helped Baylor in a 13-7 win over No. 2 Kansas State at home to remain undefeated both in the overall and Big 12 standings. Earned her fourth MOP of the season in flat and third consecutive.
• Earned her fourth-straight MOP honor in flat with a 75-70 win over her DSU counterpart 11/21, and she helped the Bears win the event, 3-2.
• Helped Baylor’s hunt seat team in a 4-1 win in fences by scoring a point vs. DSU.
Horsemanship Rider of the Month: Katy Krshka, Oklahoma State
• Posted a perfect 3-0 record in Horsemanship in the month of November, all against opposition from top-10 teams.
• Averaged a score of 74.7 over the course of the three meets.
• Earned an MVP honor against No. 3 South Carolina.
Reining Rider of the Month: Layla Choate, South Carolina
• Posted a perfect 2-0 record in Reining during the month of November with one MVP honor.
• Both of her reining wins in November came on the road – at Fresno State and at Oklahoma State.
• Charted the highest reining score (72.5) at Fresno State to garner MVP accolades.