Exciting Updates for 2014 Iowa Show Circuit
By Kris Moorman
Get on the trail to Iowa this summer! Exciting changes have been made by the Iowa Show Circuit based on exhibitor feedback for the 2014 event in Des Moines, Iowa. In 2013 the Iowa Show Circuit was the 2nd largest AQHA show and welcomes every type of exhibitor. Show dates are May 31 – June 7, 2014 at the Iowa State Fairgrounds.
Low Flat Fee
The show committee has worked hard to make this one of the most reasonable circuits in the country with a $265 inclusive flat fee. The $265 per stall includes unlimited entries for all 8 shows in all divisions, AQHA and state affiliate fees…absolutely no extra show fees, no grounds fee and no practice fees.
These two new show days are included in the $265 stall fee. Exhibitors are there over the weekend anyway so why not let them show for free!
- Saturday, May 31 – Special Event Western Pleasure & Trail
- Sunday, June 1 – All Novice Show
Revised Monday – Saturday Schedule
We have gone to the three day/three judge format for the Monday through Saturday show. All classes including Trail will show in the Jacobson Arena. The Pavilion will be open every day for practice; trail practice equipment will be available every day in the covered outdoor arena.
After the All Novice Show on Sunday Kelly McDowall, AQHA judge, Team Wrangler member and AQHA Professional Horseman, will present a free trail and showmanship clinic in the Jacobson Arena.
Improved Arena Footing
All arenas are being upgraded – the Jacobson Arena will have a new 80-85% sand to soil mixture, the Pavilion is being completely redone and the outdoor arenas are being upgraded.
We appreciate the support from sponsors to make this a great show!
- Hospitality – Nutrena, Progressive Nutrition, Sara & Patrick Heeley/Troy & Kelly Birkenholtz, The Best Martini/Malone Quarter Horses, D-Bar-D Quarter Horses/Dick & Deb Donnelly, Dawning Performance Horses
- High Point Awards – Rod Patrick Bootmakers, Kelly McDowall Quarter Horses, Noble Outfitters, Cowgirl Tuff/B. Tuff Jeans, Shorty’s Caboy Hattery
- Circuit Awards – Lifeline, Schneiders, Brandt Blankets, Noble Outfitters, Cinch Jeans
- Show Sponsors – Lifeline, Real Time Equine, Equine Chronicle
- Product Sponsors – SmartPak, Harris Leather & Silverworks, Kelly Herd Jewelry, WAHL, Purishield, Equine Mega Omega, Tory Leather and more!
- A few of our tradeshow vendors…Good Ride, Custom Tails, Brandt Blankets, Shorty’s Caboy Hattery, The Tack Room, Calhoun Customs, Closet Space Consignment, Kathys Tails, Hinshaw Trailers and more!
Show dates are May 31 – June 7 at the Iowa State Fairgrounds; the barns open May 30 for move in. Show schedule and the stall reservation form are available at www.IowaShowCircuit.com or contact Mary Moorman at 515-961-4925 or email@example.com.