8 Paint Horse Championships Slated for 2015
APHA is excited to announce eight Paint Horse Championships are on the docket for 2015. Taking place in conjunction with APHA Zone Shows around the country, these Paint Horse Championships will help increase local show participation while recognizing a new group of exhibitors beyond the current show format.
The list of 2015 Paint Horse Championships includes:
- Southeast Paint Horse Championship—February 14-16, Jacksonville, Florida (Zone 9)
- Western Paint Horse Championship—May 21–25, South Jordan, Utah (Zone 2)
- South Central Paint Horse Championship—May 23–25, Waco, Texas (Zone 4)
- Western Canadian Paint Horse Championship—July 30–August 2, Ponoka, Alberta (Zone 10)
- Northeast Paint Horse Championship—August 8–9, Logan Township, New Jersey (Zone 7)
- Northwest Paint Horse Championship—August 13–16, Albany, Oregon (Zone 1)
- EuroPaint Zone Championship—August 25–30, Kreuth, Germany (Zone 12)
- Paint Horse Championship—September 27–28, Cedar Rapids, Iowa (Zone 5)
APHA sponsors awards for up to 15 Paint Horse Championship classes per event, consisting of a championship buckle and second- through tenth-place medallions for each class. Moreover, APHA will reimburse participating Zone shows up to $3,500 for additional awards for their Zone show classes.
“This program has already generates a lot of enthusiasm, and we are excited about the possibilities it can create for APHA exhibitors, regional clubs and overall show participation,” APHA Senior Director of Show & Contest Holly Slaughter said.
Based on two successful trial events in 2014, eligibility criteria were developed for the Paint Horse Championship program. Click here for full details.