5 Things to Know About… The Silver Dollar Circuit
This week, all eyes will be on Las Vegas and not just for the vibrant activities in Sin City. It is the annual Silver Dollar Circuit which is always a hit with exhibitors from all over the the world. If your heading to Vegas, or even if you’re not, here’s a few things you should know about the 2015 Silver Dollar Circuit.
- New events- In an effort to keep the momentum of the showing going and to cater to more exhibitors and popular demand, this year, there will be several new events offered in addition to all your familiar favorites. This year, Pleasure Driving will be offered, in addition to the increasingly popular Ranch Riding (formerly called Ranch Horse Pleasure). However, do note that these two events are only offered in Open and Amateur divisions. If that isn’t enough, there is also now several new added money classes including Novice Horse Western Pleasure, Novice Horse Hunter Under Saddle, Maiden Three Year-Old Western Pleasure, and Maiden Three Year-Old Hunter Under Saddle.
- Flexible schedule- We all know it can sometimes be hard for Amateur and Youth exhibitors to take time off from work and school to make it to the show ring. The Silver Dollar Circuit understand this and has a schedule to help accommodate that. Only Open events will run on Tuesday and Wednesday, with halter and showmanship on Thursday, and the rest of the Youth and Amateur events taking place Friday-Sunday.
- Top Notch Facilities- While the desert can be one of the harshest climates in the country, be assured that the South Point Equestrian Center is prepared to make the weather as much of a non-issue as possible. Not only do you get three climate-controlled arenas (with one being designated as a warm-up pen), but there are also 1,200 climate controlled stalls. So, don’t sweat it.
- World Class Shopping and Vendors- Who doesn’t like to do a little shopping at a show? From last minute show supplies to the latest and greatest tack, attire, and more, you can probably find it at the Silver Dollar Circuit. Annual favorites like Blue Ribbon Custom Tack, Barbara’s Custom Hats, and Woods Western will have just what you’re looking for, and don’t forget to check out the full vendor line-up here.
- Live Streaming- Can’t make it to the excitement? Don’t worry. While it’s not the same as actually being there, you can view all the arena action through live streaming coverage by clicking here. Maybe Lady Luck will be with you next year!