5 Things to Know About… The Pro-Am Circuit
Spring is in full swing in the Peach State, and the Georgia Quarter Horse Association‘s annual Pro-Am Circuit kicks off April 11-12 in Conyers, Georgia. Known for their Southern hospitality, GQHA will be partnering with the friendly, familiar faces of Mark Harrell Horse Shows to make this a sure show to hit. If you’re new to the Pro-Am, or even if you’re a veteran competitor, there are a few things that are guaranteed to make this a great show.
- Location, location, location- The Pro-Am Circuit is held at the Georgia International Horse Park in Conyers, GA. If the venue sounds familiar, it should! The ever-popular summer shows, The Stars and Stripes and Big A Circuit, will take to the arenas in July, and is annually one of the top shows in the country. The Horse Park was built in 1995 in anticipation of the equestrian events for the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. Today, it boasts a grand prix stadium and plaza, covered arena, 10 outdoor auxiliary arenas, 6 barns containing nearly 700 stalls, and much more.
- Tis the season- The season of spring, that is. There is nothing more
beautiful than the sights and sounds of spring in the South, and Conyers is no exception. Dogwoods, redbuds, cherry trees, and other flowering beauties are in bloom everywhere, and the weather is usually warm and pleasant after a long winter’s chill. With an average April temperature of 74 degrees, it’s just the kind of weather to ease into the warmer months.
- Awesome awards- GQHA never skimps when it comes to giving exhibitors cool stuff to covet. This year, high-point winners will be taking home new director’s chairs, and circuit awards will be offered in every class, giving everyone ample opportunities to claim some swag.
- All-inclusive fees- It’s nothing new that the cost have showing has continued to climb over the years. The Pro-Am Circuit is offering an amazing $250 flat fee that includes all entry fees, office charges, and a stall (a $75 value). For the all-arounder, this “bundled package” makes showing a little easier on the bank account, and it also gives those who aren’t seasoned all-around exhibitors, a chance to try out new events.
- Quadruple judges- In a mere two days, you’ll get the opportunity to rack up 4 times the points with four judges. Kendra Weis, Sissy Anderson, Bruce Walquist, and Jonathan Meilleur will take to the arena and offer exhibitors the chance to vie for the top spots on their cards. It’s an easy way to get the most bang for your buck, while doing so at a weekend show. No extra vacation days needed off!
For additional information on The Pro-Am Circuit, click here to view the show bill.