2016 APHA World Show Schedule Now Available
It’s time to dream big and practice hard—the APHA World Championship Show is right around the corner! Make plans to attend this year’s fun-filled event by first checking out the tentative World Show Schedule available online at apha.com/oawcs/show-schedule.
The World Championship Show takes place November 2–13 in Fort Worth, Texas. World Show classes will run November 2–12, with exciting supplemental all-breed events taking place from November 11–13.
Entries, stall reservations and RV reservations are due September 15 for the best rates—the World Show premium book and forms will be available online soon. Here are a few reasons you’ll definitely want to put the World Show on your show schedule:
- Expanded opportunities for solid Paint-bred exhibitors.
- Changes to the Platinum Breeders’ Futurity program mean increased payouts for eligible halter horses and new non-pro classes.
- The online debut of the Farnam Breeders Trust Select Yearling Sale. This is your only way to sell or buy a yearling eligible for the $50,000 Farnam Pleasure Stakes classes. Bid from home to find your next champion.
- New World Conformation Horse Association classes and bonus payouts offered for crossover entries from the Breeders’ Halter Futurity.
- Dual-approved events through the National Snaffle Bit Association and the National Reining Horse Association.
- New Limited Divisions within the Farnam Breeders’ Trust 2-Year-Old Western pleasure and hunter under saddle stakes classes.
- Barrel racing futurities and jackpot cash for fast Paints, thanks to the Paint Barrel Racing Incentive Program.
- An all-breed cutting event, held November 12-13 in conjunction with the American Cutting Horse Association; the event boasts exclusive prizes to top Paints.
- The return of the USTRC CowTown Shootout, held November 11–13. Ropers riding Paints can also compete for an additional $5,000.
- New top titles and prizes! Trophy saddles by Elite Custom Saddles will be awarded to:
- New Amateur Power Performance High-Point: includes cattle, reining, ranch and speed events
- New PRBIP’s World’s Fastest, awarded to the fastest combined time from both the PBRIP Barrel Racing Sweepstakes and the Open World Championship barrel racing classes
- Oscar Crigler Cattle High-Point
- Sponsored events and parties. Watch for announcements about fun social gatherings happening throughout the show! You don’t want to miss the dog races!
The 2016 World Show premium book and forms will be available online in mid-August. For more information, contact the APHA Performance Department at (817) 222-8455.