2014 APHA World Show to Debut New Events
FORT WORTH, Texas- The American Paint Horse Association has announced that seven new amateur events will debut at the 2014 APHA World Championship Show in November.
The below classes will be added to the World Show schedule, which already have already proven successful in the Open arena.
- Amateur Ranch Horse Pleasure
- Amateur Solid Paint-Bred Reining
- Amateur Solid Paint-Bred Yearling Longe Line
- Amateur Solid Paint-Bred In-Hand Trail
- Amateur Solid Paint-Bred Barrel Racing
- Amateur Solid Paint-Bred Pole Bending
- Amateur Solid Paint-Bred Stake Race
Due to the late decision by APHA to offer these classes, the qualifying requirements will be waived for the 2014 show. However, all other classes will still adhere to the qualifying requirements set forth for the year with qualifying for the 2014 World Show ending July 31, 2014.
These recent additions follow a few other new events for the 2014 APHA World Show, which will include Amateur Walk-Trot classes, Open Ranch Horse Pleasure, and several hunter under saddle and western pleasure stakes and sweepstakes classes.
For a list of events remaining for the 2014 qualifying period, you can visit APHA’s Online Show Calendar. Exhibitor’s can also check their horse’s qualifying points by visiting oawcs.apha.com/qualifiers.