Online Horse Registration Offers Alternative to Increased Fees
American Paint Horse Association registration fee increases, effective January 1, do not apply to online registrations, meaning horse owners can save money by completing their transactions online.
To register a horse online, log onto aphaonline.org and select “Foal Registration” from the drop-down bar at the right. Only the recorded owner of the dam at the time of foaling can register a foal online. Gather the following items needed to complete the online registration process:
- APHA membership identification number and pin
- Breeder’s certificate control number (Provided on the preprinted breeders certificate mailed to the stallion owner or can be obtained by clicking “Start” and “Find your BC;” then entering the registration number for the Sire/Dam and breeding year.)
- Quarter Horse or Thoroughbred mares must be enrolled for breeding.
- Breeding must be pre-released by the stallion owner.
- Digital photographs must be saved in a .jpg format
- Method of payment (Visa, Mastercard or American Express)
Online horse registrations can be completed in five steps:
- Enter the foaling details, like location foaled and sex of the horse.
- Horse identification information, like color, coat pattern, identification remarks.
- Name your horse, and provide 3 unique name choices.
- Upload your foal’s required photographs—all four sides.
- Upload additional photographs.
As with all transactions, APHA’s team of MemberCare professionals is ready to answer any questions. Before calling or emailing, check out the helpful hints page— aphaonline.org/APHAOnline/MYA/HHL.aspx—which answers the most commonly asked questions about online registration. If further assistance is required, call (817) 222-6423 or email email@example.com.
For specific fee increases, see the 2013 fee schedule or the 2013 Official APHA Rule Book, available at apha.com/forms/rule-books.
Remember, horse registration applications submitted by members online will not be subject to the 2013 fee increases; the increases only apply to emailed, faxed and mailed registration applications.
About the American Paint Horse Association
The American Paint Horse Association (APHA) is the world’s second largest equine breed association. Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, it celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2012. In fulfillment of its global mission to collect, record and preserve pedigrees of the breed, APHA recognizes and supports 111 regional and international clubs, produces championship shows, sponsors trail rides and creates and maintains programs that increase the value of American Paint Horses and enriches members’ experiences with their horses. APHA has registered more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded, and now serves more than 55,000 active youth and adult members around the world. For more information about the American Paint Horse Association, visit apha.com or connect with Paint Horse fans globally at facebook.com/americanpainthorse or on Twitter @APHANews and @WorldShow.