Jacs Electric Spark becomes a Two Million Dollar Sire
September 24th, 2014 7:30 AM | No Comments
September 23, 2014 – Oklahoma City, Okla. – By Hayley Lewallen – The late stallion, Jacs Electric Spark, became the National Reining Horse Association’s (NRHA) newest stallion to hit the two million dollar mark. This makes him the 13th stallion to achieve this great title.
By NRHA Four Million Dollar Sire and Hall of Fame Inductee Shining Spark and out of Miss Hello Hollywood (by Hollywood Jac 86), the 1998 stallion was owned by Troy Heikes and bred by Sally Brown. With an NRHA LTE of over $85,900, Jacs Electric Spark had a successful show career as well. Some of his career highlights include: 2001 NRHA Futurity Open finalist, 2002 National Reining Breeders Classic (NRBC) Open finalist and NRHA Derby Open finalist, 2003 NRBC Open finalist and NRHA Derby finalist, 2004 NRBC Open finalist and NRHA Derby Open finalist. He also earned his NRHA Million Dollar Sire status in 2012.
His top-earning offspring include:
- Electric Code (out of Hot Coded Candy): $204,317.26 NRHA LTE, owned by Jared Leclair; 2008 Southwest Reining Horse Association (SWRHA) Futurity Open and Intermediate Open Champion, 2008 NRHA Futurity Open finalist and Intermediate Open Champion, 2009 NRHA Derby Level (L) 4 Open finalist, 2010 NRHA Derby L4 Open finalist
- REF Black Mamba (out of Metermaid To Order): $121,753.88 NRHA LTE, owned by Saw Ranch LLC; 2012 NRHA Futurity L4 Open finalist, 2013 NRBC L4 Open finalist, 2013 NRHA Derby L4 Open finalist
- Electrical Flash (out of Shes Berry Flashy): $94,381.59 NRHA LTE, owned by Arcese Quarter Horses USA; 2008 High Roller Reining Classic Futurity Open Champion, 2008 NRHA Futurity Open finalist, 2009 NRBC L4 Open finalist, 2009 NRHA Derby L4 Open finalist
- Chics Blazin Spark (out of HR Smart Little Sam): $87,210.83 NRHA LTE, owned by Steve Tyner; 2008 NRHA Futurity Open finalist, 2010 NRBC L3 Open finalist, 2010 NRHA Derby L4 Open finalist
- Lost In Tinseltown (out of Dun It In Tinseltown): $81,003.78 NRHA LTE, owned by Tim Anderson; 2009 North Central Reining Horse Association (NCRHA) Futurity L3 and L4 Open finalist, 2011 Cowboy Capital Classic Derby L4 Open Champion, 2011 NRBC L4 Open finalist, 2011 NRHA Derby L4 Open finalist, 2011 American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) World Championship Show Junior Reining finalist