AQHA World Show Sale
Some of the industry’s top producers and performers will sell at the 2012 AQHA World Championship Show Sale.
The American Quarter Horse Journal, September 10, 2012 – The industry’s top producers and performers will enter the sale ring at 10 a.m. on November 11 at the 2012 American Quarter Horse Association World Championship Show Sale in Oklahoma City.
Held in conjunction with the AQHA World Championship Show, the World Show Sale, sponsored by AQHA Corporate Partner Markel, is one of the highlights of the two-week show. Buyers will have a chance to watch the sale horses in action at the sale preview at 1 p.m. on November 10. From halter to rail and pattern, and performance horses, this year’s sale is the perfect place for buyers to find their next world show prospect.
This year’s sale horses include:
- Time To Touch (2001 sorrel stallion by Touchdown Kid-Sqeezin N Tesin) – 2003 amateur 2-year-old stallion world champion and sire of multiple world champions
- JMK Bodacious (2009 chestnut stallion by JMK Supernatural-JDK Why Not Me) – 2012 Select 3-year-old stallion world champion, 2009 amateur weanling stallion reserve world champion and entered in the 2012 AQHA World Show
- Fearles Fanny (2009 chestnut mare by Fearles-Zip N Coolest) – 2010 Select yearling mares world champion
- Artful Investment (1995 bay stallion by Artful Move-January Investment) – multiple world and reserve world champion, and sire of many world and reserve world champions and earners of more than 7,100 points
- Embryo (by Certain Potential-Cool Lookin Lady) – dam was the 1999 world champion 2-year-old western pleasure horse and is a producer of world champions and earners of 1,367 points, including Cool Krysmsun Lady
- Cobys Soula (2005 sorrel mare by Soula Jule Star-Coby Jo Chex) – National Reined Cow Horse Association earnings of $43,000. In foal to CD Lights.
- Call Me Out First (2004 brown mare by A Sudden Impulse-Zip N Therapy) – full sister to RL Best Of Sudden. In foal to A Dream Remembered.
- Real Smart Mate (2002 sorrel stallion by Smart Mate-Wilson Sugar Lady) – 78 points in roping, cutting, halter and AQHA Ranch Horse Versatility and multiple year-end high-point wins
- Purr Cat (2007 sorrel gelding by WR This Cats Smart-Peppys From Heaven) – $20,000 in NRCHA earnings and world show qualifier
“AQHA is looking forward to a high-quality group of horses at this year’s AQHA World Show Sale,” said Doug Hayes, AQHA director of business development. Although Doug is the in-house staff person handling the sale, he answers to the AQHA World Show Sale Committee, which comprises AQHA members who are industry leaders in their disciplines.
“Many buyers have the dream of one day owning an AQHA world champion,” Hayes continued. “AQHA and the World Show Sale Committee want to help facilitate that dream, and that’s why we took special care in selecting the horses consigned to this year’s sale.”
Before accepting a horse into the sale, the committee members analyzed each horse’s performance record, pedigree, dam and sire performance records, conformation and athletic ability.
Other specifics concerning the sale:
- The consignment fee is $600
- The commission rate is 5 percent of the sale price, with a minimum of $250
- There will be a penalty for selling a horse before it goes through the ring
- Results will be posted about 15-30 minutes after a set of horses has gone through the ring
- Sale order will be assigned randomly. The consignors of multiple horses will draw slots randomly, and then use the slots that they draw as they wish.
Stay tuned to www.aqha.com/worldshow for a full list of consigned horses, plus an online sale catalog when available. To purchase a sale catalog, contact Geneva Hoyne at firstname.lastname@example.org or (806) 378-4390. For questions regarding the AQHA World Show Sale, contact Doug Hayes at email@example.com or (806) 378-4384.
As a proud sponsor of AQHA, Markel Insurance Co. focuses on protecting your western lifestyle, including your horses, barn, tack and equipment. With over 40 years of expertise in insuring horses and horse businesses, Markel will meet your unique needs. Markel is sponsoring the AQHA World Show Sale and providing 24-hour fall-of-the-hammer insurance coverage to sale consignments.
AQHA news and information is a service of AQHA Publications. For more information on The American Quarter Horse Journal or America’s Horse, visit AQHA Publications.
Founded in 1940, the American Quarter Horse Association is the largest equine breed organization in the world. With headquarters in Amarillo, Texas, AQHA has a membership of more than 280,000 people in 86 countries and has registered more than 5 million horses in 95 countries.