AQHA To Celebrate 75th Anniversary in 2015
This year, AQHA celebrates 75 years of dedication to the American Quarter Horse breed and service to the valued AQHA membership.
From humble beginnings in 1940, we’re proud to have grown into an organization that serves almost 275,000 members and 5 million American Quarter Horses in 90 countries across the globe.
As part of our celebration of the 75th anniversary, we’re releasing commemorative membership cards featuring the 75th anniversary insignia and design. All new and renewing adult members will receive the card. Life members can request one for free.
We’re also unveiling special 75th anniversary merchandise through Quarter Horse Outfitters and AQHA, including:
- Montana Silversmiths 75th anniversary belt buckle
- Justin 75th anniversary boots for men and women
- Montana Silversmiths 75th anniversary pendants
- Montana Silversmiths 75th anniversary pocket knife
- “They Still Ride Good Horses,” a commemorative coffee table book chronicling the finest moments and rich history of AQHA from 1990 to present. This book, written by retired AQHA Executive Director of Publications Jim Jennings, will be available soon.
- A limited-edition sporting rifle by Cimarron Firearms Co., featuring the AQHA 75th anniversary insignia and beautifully embellished hand engraving. This rifle is available in limited quantities, so hurry to order.
Coming later this month, the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum in Amarillo unveils “Breeding a Legacy: 75 Years of American Quarter Horses.” This exhibit runs through July 2015, and features 16 breeders who have bred Quarter Horses for all 75 years of AQHA. You’ll want to experience this never-before-seen collection of artifacts, images and stories that chronicle the history of the Quarter Horse and his role in the settlement and development of the American west – and the breeders and ranchers who kept his legacy alive.