AQHA Judges Announced
Previously retired American Quarter Horse Association all-around judges, plus new specialized judges and international judges for Oceana were recently approved by the AQHA Judges and Executive committees.
In May, the AQHA Judges and Executive committees voted to remove Rule SHW910.12: “A judge shall accept mandatory retirement at age 75.” For recertification, these individuals were required to make scores above 75 percent on video judging and above 80 percent on the rulebook exam.
The following individuals are the previously retired all-around judges who passed the recertification exam:
- Gene Carr of Hayti, South Dakota
- Kenneth Copenhaver of Myakka City, Florida
- Bill Englund of Cashion, Arizona
- Mike Perkins of Bentonville, Arkansas
- Billy Steele of Stephenville, Texas
- Maryann Willoughby of Hugoton, Kansas
To see the full list of judges, click here.