ApHC Announces 2015 Hall of Fame Inductees
MOSCOW, Idaho— The Appaloosa Horse Club (ApHC) is pleased to announce the 2015 Hall of Fame Inductees. Each year ApHC membership submits nominations for individuals and horses they believe have made a great and favorable impact on the Appaloosa industry. The ApHC Board of Directors then review each nomination and vote to determine the honorees. Please join the ApHC in congratulating the following 2015 Hall of Fame inductees:
- Jim Jirkovsky of Kearney, NE
- Roland “Pete” Wood of Ocala, FL
- Zipposcountrygirl –1984 mare bred by Barbara A. Tool of Lexington, NE and was proudly owned by S. Lee and Rosie Kling of Grayling Farms in Villa Ridge, MO.
- All Hands on Zip- (automatic induction – sire of 40 bronze medallion earning foals) 1992 stallion bred by Judith De Muth of Clinton, MI, and proudly owned by Walt & Nancy Magnussen of College Station, TX and Curt & Debra Kennelly of Valparaiso, IN.
- Texas Tough- (automatic induction – dam of 5 bronze medallion earning foals) 1990 mare bred by Doris & Beverly Davis of Montgomery, AL, and proudly owned by Char-O-Lot Ranch of Myakka City, FL.
- Death Wish- (automatic induction – earned 18 bronze medallions and 4 silver medallions) 1999 gelding bred and owned by IB Stables of Noblesville, IN.
- One Hot Chip- (automatic induction – earned 18 bronze medallions and 4 silver medallions) 1999 gelding bred by Curtis & Priscilla Barnes of Galatia, IL and owned by The Hulcher Family of Argyle, TX.
The above inductees will be honored at the 2015 Year-End Awards Banquet held in conjunction with the 69th National Championship Appaloosa Show in Fort Worth, Texas. In addition, each Hall of Fame inductee will be recognized on an engraved plaque featuring a photograph and biography to be on permanent display in the Appaloosa Museum.
To purchase tickets for the 2015 Year-End Awards Banquet, contact SheilAnne Smith, ApHC Awards Coordinator at (208) 882-5578 ext. 245. For information about the Appaloosa Museum please contact Crystal White at (208) 882-5578 ext. 279.