AmerEquine – Festival of the Horse Schedule and Program Guide Available
Fort Worth, Texas, May 24, 2012 — AmerEquine–Festival of the Horse proudly announces the completion of its Final Schedule and beautiful full-color Program Guide (prepared and printed by AmerEquine sponsor, California Horsetrader). Now online, both the schedule and the program guide are ready to help visitors plan their weekend of horses, music, and magic at Will Rogers Memorial Center in Fort Worth, TX June 1–3, 2012. Highlights of the three-day equine exposition and music festival include:
- More than 100 clinics, demonstrations and seminars in many disciplines in four venues led by expert presenters such as Craig Cameron, Gina Miles, Tyler Magnus, Rick Meyer, Becky Hart, Charles Wilhelm, Tim McQuay, Sylvia Zerbini, Aaron Ralston, and many others. (Friday and Saturday 9am-7pm; Sunday 10am–5pm.)
- Five major Coliseum shows starring 12-time Grammy-winner Emmylou Harris and five-time Grammy-winner Marty Stuart, plus Jesse Winchester, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Don Edwards, Dry Branch Fire Squad, and Heidi Clare & AtaGallop together with world-class equine presenters, Sylvia Zerbini, Tim McQuay, Aaron Ralston, and Allen Pogue and roping “champeen” Doug Smith. (Friday and Saturday 1:30–3:30 pm and 7:30–10:00 pm; Sunday 6:00–8:00 pm.)
- A Texas-sized Xtreme Marketplace in the Amon G. Carter Building offering everything from tack, equine health products and ranch equipment to apparel, accessories, art, and home furnishings. (Friday and Saturday 9am–7pm; Sunday 10am–6pm.)
- A series of 30-minute Round Up Room Concerts each day near the Xtreme Marketplace (Friday and Saturday 10:00 am–5:30 pm; Sunday 11:00am–4:30pm.)
- A free Sunday Morning Gospel Show in the Round Up Room hosted by Rounder recording artists, Dry Branch Fire Squad and featuring Don Edwards, etc. (8:40–9:40am.)
- Semi-finals and finals of the World’s Most Beautiful Horse Contest. Cheering and crowd enthusiasm will help judges select the winner! First prize: $1000. (Saturday 6pm; Sunday 5pm.)
- Seminar by Kate Chenery Tweedy, author of the racing world’s award-winning national best seller, Secretariat’s Meadow: The Land, The Family, The Legend. Ms. Tweedy was twenty years old when Secretariat (owned by Tweedy’s mother, Penny Chenery) won the elusive Triple Crown of Racing. (Seminar one day only – Friday at 9:30am, followed by book signing in the Celebrity Autograph Booth located in the Xtreme Marketplace.)
- Rescue activities to help equines in desperate situations. Impressed spectators may head directly to one of the “rescue” booths and start their own adoption processes.
- The AmerEquine “Rescue Parade” the perfect time to meet rescued horses as well as horses up for adoption. (Saturday 6:30 pm.)
- The Orthoflex Saddleworks 2012 Commemorative Saddle Silent Auction to benefit rescue organizations. This stunning one-of-a-kind saddle will have an extra bonus: Saddle bags autographed by musicians and presenters. 100% of the proceeds will go to five rescue organizations proportionately to the number of votes they receive. The perfect opportunity to bid on a gorgeous saddle AND vote for your rescue group of choice. (Winner announced Sunday 4:00 pm in the Lobby of the Amon G. Carter Building.)
- “Chase the Equine Dream”® Challenge with Chase Dodd, an event designed to show what rescue horses can do in the right hands. Rescue horses who beat Chase Dodd’s score on an obstacle course will each go home with $100 and a whole bunch of bragging rights. Chase will be on a horse that he’s worked with for 2.5 hours. (Sunday 4:30 pm.)
- The exciting Cowtown Challenge Extreme Cowboy Race National Championship hosted by Craig Cameron will be hard fought daily in the Watt Arena. The best of the best will be competing for prizes and “glory”—and Mr. Cameron will be monitoring the proceedings as well as providing informative (and entertaining) commentary. Come cheer for your favorite cowboys and horses! (Friday and Saturday 11am–6pm; Sunday 11am–5pm.)
- Every participant will have a chance to win a Caldwell All-Around Trail Saddle, crafted and donated by Circle Y. Register at Dennard’s Booth located in the Xtreme Marketplace.
- Two $1000 gift certificates from Dover Saddlery and Smith Brothers Sweepstakes. Sign up at Dover Booth in the Xtreme Marketplace. (Drawing to be held on June 9, 2012.)
- Demonstrations on roping techniques at the USTRC Ropin’ Pen by U. S. Team Roping Championships and Hot Heels located in the Xtreme Marketplace. (Daily during Trade Show hours.)
- AQHA Trail Challenge held in the Watt Arena. (Friday and Saturday 9:00–10:30 am.)
Get ready to experience the magic of horses, music and more. Doors open Friday and Saturday at 9am; Sunday at 10am. For complete information about AmerEquine, including the schedule and tickets, visit AmerEquine.com.
AmerEquine–Festival of the Horse is a three-day spectacular featuring clinics, seminars, and presentations by leading equine professionals; a marketplace with a wide range of high-quality products and services for all equestrian and Western lifestyles; special equine events; and a music festival featuring internationally acclaimed artists who share a deep connection to the horse and its culture. The event will take place June 1–3, 2012, at Will Rogers Memorial Center, Fort Worth, Texas.
AmerEquine is generously supported by 92.1 Hank FM, 95.9 The Ranch, Acco Feeds, American Competitive Trail Horse Association, American Quarter Horse Association, Ariat International, California Horsetrader, Candy’s Cowboy Cabins, Circle Y, Devoucoux, Dover Saddlery, EponaShoe, Equine Network, eyeD, Farnam, Warren Hellman, Horse Illustrated, HorseCity.com, Horsetrader.com, NCHARadio.com, Nutrena, Ornaments Fine Jewelry, Orthoflex Saddleworks, Inc., Plasvacc USA, Platinum Performance, Saddle Up Clothing Company, Smith Brothers, Spalding Laboratories, Tony De Costa Photography, USRider, Western Horseman, and Wrangler.
Make plans for AmerEquine – Festival of the Horse, June 1-3, and visit the AQHA booth.
AQHA is a proud sponsor of AmerEquine – Festival of the Horse June 1-3 at the Will Rogers Memorial Center in Fort Worth, Texas. The three-day musical festival, horse exposition and marketplace celebrates and promotes equine disciplines of all lifestyles.
AQHA representatives will be there, ready to speak with attendees and answer questions about registrations, transfers and memberships. There will also be prizes and special giveaways! Be sure to stop by the AQHA booth for special deals, including a free AQHA grooming tote when you purchase a one-year membership and an AQHA Horseback Riding Program enrollment for only $60, or get a two-year subscription to The American Quarter Horse Journal for only $25. All AQHA members who stop by the booth will receive a free gift while supplies last.
AQHA will also feature special cutting clinics each day with AQHA Team Wrangler member Teddy Johnson. A master instructor, Teddy will help AmerEquine attendees breakdown how to get started in the cutting pen and take the mystery out of the original cowboy sport.
In addition, anyone interested in participating in an AQHA Trail Challenge will have the opportunity during AmerEquine’s Extreme Cowboy Association National Championship. This is a great chance for anyone who wants to test their skills maneuvering obstacles and get a chance to show off their trail riding skills. For more information, go to www.aqha.com/riding.
Read the rest of this article, including a list of special events at AmerEquine.