2012 NRHA Derby Purse Skyrockets
Purse estimates* are in for the 2012 National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) Derby with monumental increases in all divisions of the Open and Non Pro Derby. The largest increase can be found in the Level 3 Open, Level 2 Open, Level 3 Non Pro and Level 2 Non Pro divisions. The Derby runs June 24 – 30 in Oklahoma City, Okla. with entries still being accepted. (*Purse estimates based on Nomination Program estimates and 2011 NRHA Derby entries.)
ESTIMATED* PURSE PAYOUTS
- Level 4 Open = $339,000 (45% increase)
- Level 3 Open = $155,000 (More than DOUBLED)
- Level 2 Open = $60,000 (160% increase)
- Level 1 Open = $32,000 (More than TRIPLED)
- Level 4 Non Pro = $117,000 (70% increase)
- Level 3 Non Pro = $76,000 (DOUBLED)
- Level 2 Non Pro = $44,000 (DOUBLED)
- Level 1 Non Pro = $18,000 (50% increase)
ENTRIES RECEIVED - (As of June 7, 2012)
- Total Entries: 374 (Open: 188, Non Pro: 186)
- Qualified Entries: 342 (Open: 168, Non Pro: 174)
For a list of 2012 NRHA Derby qualified entries, visit www.nrhaderby.com.
2011 NRHA Entries
- Total Entries: 359 (Open: 188, Non Pro: 171)
- Qualified Entries: 337 (Open: 177, Non Pro: 160)
Enter or Make Remaining Payments Today!
Entries can still be made or brought current as follows:
- New entries and final payments received JUNE 2 TO JUNE 14 will be assessed a $200 late fee.
- New entries and final payments received JUNE 15 TO 5 P.M. TWO DAYS PRIOR TO THE GO-ROUND will be assessed a $500 late fee and will be placed within a group to run prior to the regularly drawn horses in the reverse order they are received. No final payments will be accepted after that. POSTMARKS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE FINAL PAYMENT.
- Rider Designations (if not previously designated with the entry) must be RECEIVED BY JUNE 15 to be listed correctly in the regular draw.
- Please consult the 2012 NRHA Derby Conditions for details including payment amounts.
More on the NRHA Derby
With $615,000 in estimated added money, the NRHA Derby runs for one week each summer (June 24-30) in Oklahoma City and showcases the world’s best 4-, 5- and 6-year-old reining horses. Thousands of spectators, exhibitors and horses attend the event each year. The Derby is one of two major events presented by NRHA each year in Oklahoma City and includes two full slates of ancillary reining classes in addition to the aged-event action. NRHA will host the Interscholastic Equestrian Association Western National Finals for the first time at this year’s NRHA Derby.