2-Year-Old Western Pleasure Stakes class payout hits $40,000
Farnam steps in as APHA sponsor adding $10,000 to purse
Fort Worth, TX— The Farnam brand is recognized worldwide for their longstanding commitment to helping people improve the quality of life for their horses. Today they announced a new commitment to the American Paint Horse Association (APHA) by adding $10,000 to the 2-Year-Old Western Pleasure Stakes class, pushing the total guaranteed purse to $40,000. The class will be held during the upcoming 2012 APHA Open/Amateur World Championship Show in November.
Horses eligible for the Farnam 2-Year-Old Western Pleasure Stakes are those that went through the 2011 Breeders’ Trust Sale “Stakes” session. The class––which is destined to be a crowd favorite––will be held on Sunday, November 11 in the John Justin Arena at Will Rogers Memorial Center in Fort Worth, Texas. Horses eligible for Farnam’s $40,000-guaranteed class are:
- AGENT DINOZZO Owner: Ann Cowan Sire: CR Good Machine
- ALL WAYS A JEWEL Owner: Brad Perkins Sire: All Time Fancy
- BET ON TEDDY Owner: Raina Parsons Sire: Bet Your Chip
- BETTY B LOPIN Owner: Meagan Fahlman Sire: Hes Lopin Supreme
- BIGTIME FANCY Owner: Breanne Shaffer Sire: R Big Time Fancy
- DUPLICATE THIS FAME Owner: Michael /Edie Hatcher Sire: Hes Suddely Famous
- FANCY ALLOFA SUDDEN Owner: Brad Perkins Sire: All Time Fancy
- GET THE SENSATION Owner: Tim/Cindy Snapp Sire: Zippos Sensation
- IMA ULTIMATE MACHINE Owner: James L Jorgensen Sire: CR Good Machine
- INVITE DILLON Owner: Michelle Steigmeyer Sire: Special Invitation
- MISTER SAWYER BROWN Owner: Paul/Kimberly Garrett Sire: I Only Date Models
- MR ED HARDY Owner: Michelle Tucker Sire: RH Mr Imprint
- RADICAL HOTRODDER Owner: Martin Jack Walker Sire: Hot Roddin Zip
- RADICAL ROXANNE Owner: James L Jorgensen Sire: Get Radical AQHA
- RADICALLY DEPUTIZED Owner: Julie A Thomas Sire: Radicalized
- RIOS HOT BELLE Owner: Stephen/Dale Underwood Sire: Scenic Rio Krymsun
- SUDDENLY A TRADITION Owner: Tohnni J Jones Sire: Sudden Instinct AQHA
- SUDDENLY RICH Owner: Raina Parsons Sire: Sudden Instinct AQHA
- SULTRY HOT CELEBRITY Owner: Joe P Hansen Sire: Good N Sultry AQHA
- THE LOVE MACHINE Owner: Megan S Caliendo Sire: A Good Machine AQHA
- UP THE CHARISMA Owner: Lori L Dugdale Sire: Ultimate Charisma
- ZIPPIN JETS SHADOW Owner: Lisa L Walton Sire: Zippin
The following day, November 12, APHA will hold the 2012 Breeders’ Trust Select Sale with a regular session, a new weanling halter stakes session, and a yearling performance stakes session. It is the only place to purchase a horse that can compete for the Farnam purse money in 2013. Horses selling in the stakes sessions will be eligible to return and compete in their respective stakes class (yearling halter, Western pleasure or hunter under saddle) at the 2013 World Championship Show. The sale consignment deadline is set for August 15. Visit apha.com/breederstrust for forms and complete details.
More about Farnam
In the last 53 years, Farnam has grown from a small mail-order business to one of the most widely recognized names in the animal health care industry. Their equine products have grown so successfully over the years that today Farnam is the largest marketer of equine products in the United States, with expanding markets in Canada, Puerto Rico, countries in Central and South America, Europe and the Middle and Far East. Products include fly control, nutritional supplements, hoof and leg care, grooming, wound treatments, leather care and stable supplies.
Visit their website (www.farnamhorse.com) to familiarize yourself with its wide array of equine products, so that you can show your support for our new APHA World Show sponsor.
About the American Paint Horse Association
The American Paint Horse Association (APHA), the international breed registry for the American Paint Horse headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2012. In fulfillment of its mission to collect, record and preserve pedigrees of the breed, APHA recognizes and supports 111 regional and international clubs, produces championship shows, sponsors trail rides and creates and maintains programs that increase the value of American Paint Horses and enriches members’ experiences with their horses. APHA has registered more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded, and now serves over 64,000 active youth and adult members around the world.
For more information about APHA and how to get involved, visit apha.com or call (817) 834-2742.